Ben, Dana, and RJ blog about cruising and trailer-boating with a baby (now toddler) aboard our Four Winns 268 Vista, Seapickle II. Explore our Trip Logs for more on our adventures boating Lake Michigan (Michigan, Indiana, Illinois & Wisconsin coasts), the North Channel of Ontario, Lake Erie, Lake Huron, inland lakes, and more! Thanks for joining us.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Merry Christmas from Ben & Dana
Here Comes Winter
Below is a picture of waves crashing over a 10ft breakwall like it wasn't even there. This storm did significant damage to the southern lakeshore of Lake Michigan. A report in the Post Tribune stated it will take years to repair the erosion caused by this storm. We just hope boaters beach is still there next spring.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Lake Michigan - Our last gorgeous day of 2010 season
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Lake Michigan Trip Map
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Day 16 - 150 miles to home!
Day 15- Sturgeon Bay to Sheboygan, WI
A few pics around Sturgeon Bay
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Day 12 - Safe Harbor in Sturgeon Bay, WI
Breaking News!!! Poseidon is still pissed at us for the cheap champagne!!
Day 11 - Roadtrip!!! Traverse City & Leelanau Peninsula
Moving south on the west side of the peninsula, the next town we came to was Leland! We walked around Fishtown for a bit, then had lunch/dinner at the Bluebird. The food was good and it had a cool atmosphere, so it turned out to be a good place to stop! The marina in Leland looked really nice, with rocking chairs on the porch, so it might be a good port to stop in on our next trip!
We ended the day climbing up the dunes at Sleeping Bear National Park to watch the sunset, but the clouds moved in and instead we got some cool cloud photos!
When we got back to the marina and checked the marine forecast for the rest of the week, we were starting to see some bad conditions on the way. Up to 12 foot waves and gale warnings! We had some decisions to make, and a lot of marine forecasts to check to decide if we would be able to continue on our scheduled itinerary.
We had a Four Winns factory tour scheduled for the morning, so we decided to wait until after that to make any decisions, and I think we both had a bit of restless sleep trying to weigh the options that night.